The Department of Chemistry offers a comprehensive program of study that leads to employment as a practitioner or admission to graduate/professional schools.
Students select an area of concentration and tune their schedules to reflect their personalized career goals.
Questions about Undergraduate Programs or Courses? Contact:
Mary R. Craig,
Assistant Professor, Undergraduate Coordinator
Questions about Graduate Programs or Courses? Contact:
Associate Professor, Graduate Director
- American Chemical Society Certification and Accreditation.
- Career Building Opportunities. Participation in laboratory experiences represents the beginning of ones career and creates an important opportunity for obtaining meaningful letters of recommendation.
- Specializations. Students can specialize in a particular sub-discipline by focusing their electives and laboratory experience in that area. See ‘Our Research‘ and ‘Our Courses‘ for details.
- A candidate for the Bachelor’s degree must complete a total of at least 120 credits of college work. A candidate for a degree in Chemistry must fulfill the requirements of the major and meet the general curricular requirements of the Camden College of Arts and Sciences. A description of the general undergraduate curricular requirements are available in the Course Catalog. To declare Chemistry as your major, go to the registrar’s office and tell them you wish to major in Chemistry, Traditional Track (Subject Code: 160) or Chemistry, Biochemistry Track (Subject Code: 115). To remain in good standing, students may only receive one D grade in the chemistry/biochemistry lecture courses. The list of major requirements may be viewed by clicking on the associated images, below.
- A candidate for the Master’s degree must complete a total of at least 30 credits of graduate work. Details on the Experiential and Professional M.S. tracks may be viewed by clicking on the associated images, below.
- Candidates interested in a Minor in Chemistry, Chemistry Business Degree, or a Ph.D. in CIB can explore these options in more detail by clicking on the associated images, below.