Applications for admission to the graduate program in chemistry should be submitted no later than March 1 for the fall semester if the applicant wishes to be considered for assistantships, fellowships, or other financial aid. For applicants not requesting financial aid, the application deadline for the fall semester is August 15 and the application deadline for the spring semester is January 1. It is sometimes possible to begin the graduate program during Summer Session.
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Complete, by the date of enrollment in the graduate program, a baccalaureate degree with a major in chemistry or a related field.
2. Submit transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
3. If seeking financial aid, submit the results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), preferably including the subject test.
4. Submit three letters of recommendation.
5. Submit the completed Rutgers-Camden Graduate School Application form electronically.
6. International students must submit TOEFL test scores.
Students with academic deficiencies in their backgrounds might be admitted on probation and often are required to take an undergraduate chemistry course in their first semester, or they might be accepted as non-matriculated, meaning they must take prescribed undergraduate chemistry courses prior to admission into the graduate chemistry program.