This page will provide accurate information about Chemistry requirements.
Please note the following:
1) The Rutgers University Catalogs are the definitive authority on these matters, and are located at:
The current entry for Chemistry may be found here.
2) Degree Navigator should be used only as a guide. It is not 100% correct, especially if you have complications such as transferred credits / course substitutions, etc.
3) Any confusion should be discussed with the Chemistry department chair, who has the final decision of whether you have met the degree requirements (or not).
4) The Department of Chemistry offers different tracks to receive a “degree in chemistry” – click the links for detailed information.
5) All students should declare as Chemistry majors using the subject code 160. You simply need to go to the registrar’s office and tell them you wish to major in Chemistry. This will ensure that you receive updated information about course offerings and other matters of interest for Chemistry students.
6) When you use Degree Navigator, you should make sure you select the CA degree code no matter which track you’re in. This ensures that you are meeting the requirements for Rutgers-Camden, not other Rutgers campuses. This also applies to the minor in Chemistry.