This page will provide accurate information about Chemistry requirements.
Please note the following:
1) The Rutgers University Catalogs are the definitive authority on these matters, and are located at:
(You should navigate Camden > current catalog > Liberal Arts Colleges > Programs, Faculty and Courses)
2) Degree Navigator should be used only as a guide. It is not 100% correct, especially if you have complications such as transferred credits / course substitutions, etc.
3) Any confusion should be discussed with the Chemistry department chair, who has the final decision of whether you have met the degree requirements (or not).
4) The Department of Chemistry offers different tracks to receive a “degree in chemistry” – click the links for detailed information.
5) All students should declare as Chemistry majors using the subject code 160.
6) When you use Degree Navigator, you should make sure you select the correct degree code:
Major in Chemistry – Traditional Chemistry Program (CA)
Major in Chemistry – Biochemistry Program (CA)
Major in Chemistry – Chemistry – Business Program (CA)
Minor in Chemistry (CA)